Parking in the Village has undergone some changes over the years, with some significant ones made in 2008 and 2009 when the City of Oakland converted stand-alone meters to parking kiosks, extended hours and increased rates throughout the City.
Village shoppers have parking options, depending on their shopping needs:
- Park on Village streets and pay for up to two hours of parking from 8 AM – 6 PM, Monday – Saturday
- Park on Village streets for free between 8 PM and 8 AM, Monday – Saturday and all day Sunday (exception is La Salle Ave. between Mountain Blvd. and Moraga Ave. which is closed to all parking from 3 AM – 3 PM on Sundays for our Farmers’ Market)
- Park in the Village Garage at the top of La Salle Ave. and pay for as long as you want to stay (but not overnight)
- Park in Lucky’s or Safeway lots for free but only if shopping in those stores
- Park in the private lot on Moraga Ave. between Mountain Blvd. and La Salle Ave. and pay for parking 24/7
- Park for free in Village Square (off Mountain Blvd. near Park Blvd.) when shopping in the stores located there (the lower lot is reserved for merchant monthly parking; shoppers run the risk of getting a ticket if parking there during the day).
- If you have a valid handicapped sticker or plate you can park on any Village street parking spot, or in the blue handicapped space on Mountain Blvd. close to the post office, at no charge.
- Red zones are no parking at any time. Yellow zones are for commercial loading and unloading only.
The current rate for parking on Village streets is $2/hour. Coins and credit/debit cards are accepted at the kiosks, which produce a ticket you place on your dashboard so enforcers can see it. A ticket purchased at any kiosk in the Village (or the City) can be used for any chargeable parking space in the Village (or the City), so long as there is valid time left on the ticket.
Parking on Village streets is restricted to 2 hours.
Also be aware that two meters in the Village, located on Mountain Blvd. at the corner of La Salle Ave., next to Chase Bank, still take coins. However it you have a valid parking ticket from one of the kiosks on your dashboard it will be honored in those spaces.
Village Parking Garage
To avoid the hassle of a possible overtime parking fine, we recommend you consider using the Village Garage at the top of La Salle Ave. It’s centrally located, has plenty of room, and has an elevator (on La Salle Ave.) to take you to the top floors. The rates to park there are the same as on the street ($2/hour) but there is no time limit. There is a maximum charge of $10 per day and no overnight parking. Monthly passes can purchased for unlimited use of the Garage for $100/month (daily and evenings; not overnight). Handicapped parking is also available. If you have questions about Garage parking, contact Tee Reynolds, MVA Parking Garage Manager.
The Garage is open:
- Monday – Thursday: 7:00 AM. to 9 PM(last car in at 8:30 PM)
- Friday: 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM (last car in at 8:30 PM)
- Saturday – 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Sunday – Free Parking 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- No cars are allowed to enter one half hour before closing
- The garage is closed on all major holidays
|Alain Pinel Realtors|
|Amber’s Essential Touch|
|Anne Becker, DDS & Associates|
|Art Loft Picture Framing|
|Bank of the West|
|Chicago Title Company|
|Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate|
|East Bay Sotheby’s Real Estate|
|Edward Jones Investments|
|El Agavero Mexican Cuisine & Tequila Bar|
|Farmstead Cheeses & Wines|
|First American Title Company|
|Ginsburg Financial Advisors, Inc|
|Golden State Fitness & Performance|
|hatch – modern ecolifestyle|
|International City Mortgage|
|John J. Mayerhofer, CPA/PFS|
|Kenneth L. Childers, DDS|
|Metropolis Retail, Inc.|
|Miller & Company Salon|
|Montclair Physical Therapy|
|Montclair Sporting Goods, Inc.|
|Montclair Village Association|
|Myron J. Taranow, DDS|
|Rebecca Conradi, Attorney|
|Someone’s In The Kitchen|
|Taqueria Las Comadres 2|
|TOUCH salon & gallery|
|Village Chiropractic & Wellness Certer|
|Wheels of Justice Cyclery|